01.10.07

LAWSON TURNER – SWEET SHIH TZU PUPPY WITH HUGE TUMORS ON HIS EYES

Posted in Uncategorized at 11:27 pm by Administrator

Yes, you read it right, this little three month old guy has HUGE tumors on his eye balls.

We got a call earlier in the week – from the person who bred his mom and dad – yes, yet again one of the backyard, hobby, part-time, gotta-make-money on my pets kind of breeder ….

She explained that she had a puppy with cysts on his eyes and couldn’t afford the vet cost to remove the eyes (of course, then it would cut in on her profit margin – the profit she makes by breeding little dogs) so she wanted a rescue to take the puppy.  You know, what is it about these people – I guess it is just a business transaction with them – they care no more about this little life than Petsmart cares about the bags of dog food they sell.  Even though they are responsible for bringing this little boy into the world, they quickly step backwards (rather than step up) when it might cost something to do the right thing.

One of our foster homes picked him up and was horrified – the cysts are huge and are stretching his eye sockets.  So that you all won’t be totally grossed out, I posted the pictures in the section to the right “Pictures of Lawson – not for the squeamish.”  I must warn you, they are horrific.

But, we need help, as usual.  We have an appointment for him tomorrow (Thursday, Jan 11) and desperately need to have the funds on hand for his surgery.  The estimate to remove both eyes (that’s all that can be done) is $600-$800 with no complications.

Please leave comments for this boy by clicking on the comment link below.

12 Comments »

1. Mary Bradshaw said,

January 11, 2007 at 1:54 pm

Does the Humane Society know about this breeder? They should.
    They need the picture of this dog and the breeder’s name. Also
    the ASPCA.

2. Cynthia Adams said,

January 11, 2007 at 2:00 pm

I have NEVER EVER EVER seen anything like this! I’m still shaking! That poor, poor little baby!!!!

3. Pam Glass said,

January 11, 2007 at 2:31 pm

that poor little boy. i wish the breeder the same condition. she deserves it. another like the one we just had notice about on the lhasa rescue list. there’s a special place in hell for those people.

4. Amanda Miller said,

January 11, 2007 at 2:34 pm

Oh my gosh! I’m teary-eyed. How can someone do such a thing? I’m in shock! Poor little baby!!!! As soon as I get home, I’m hugging my little boy tight.

5. Barbara Grabell said,

January 11, 2007 at 3:18 pm

After years of supporting LSSTLAR, this has got to be one of the worst cases I’ve ever seen in any dog of any breed. There are no printable words for the people who bred him. That aside, there is no way any living, breathing person CAN’t help this little boy. If you are reading this page, you’re already horrified and concerned. Be sure to click the “donate” button or sned a check ASAP so we end this unspeakable tragedy NOW!!

6. Lori Ugolik said,

January 11, 2007 at 3:25 pm

I am saddened and outraged at the same time. I hope Texas has animal cruelty as a felony. This breeder ought to get capital punishment as far as I am concerned. I hope you can prosecute to the fullest extent for gross negligence. This is an atrocity. I hope little Lawson will have a good quality of life after all this suffering. He deserves the best that life has to offer. I agree with the other commentaries-the breeder ought to burn in hell for this!!! I wish Nancy Grace from Macon, GA (where I live) was the prosecutor on this! We know these cysts did not grow overnight. There is no exscuse. As a chiropractic clinic owner, if my associates or myself when I was in practice left a patient like this we would be serving a long sentence.

7. Cat Martindale said,

January 11, 2007 at 4:00 pm

I too, would really like to find the breeder who let this happen! $$$ on the way! We’ll be keeping little Lawson in our prayers!

Cat, Chahacha and Chugger

8. Madelin Malkerson said,

January 12, 2007 at 12:23 pm

I am speechless. Please, try to prosecute these murderers!!!! We need to stop them so they can not do the same to more babies!
    As I read before here, there is no excuses for something like this to happen!
    Madelin, Opal, Ruby and Mickey.

9. Susie Hyndman said,

January 12, 2007 at 3:26 pm

Turn Them IN, PETA SPCA Someone Please. That is cruelty to animals

10. Jean Smith said,

January 15, 2007 at 1:50 pm

So very happy to see that our baby Lawson is doing much better!
    Thanx to all of his caregivers!
    Our prayers for his continued health and happiness!

Just wish that the breeders/puppy mill low life’s would actually have a caring heart.

11. Amanda Miller said,

January 30, 2007 at 9:53 pm

I’m so happy to hear Lawson is doing great! He looks sooo cute!!!!

12. Daphne McWhorter said,

January 30, 2007 at 10:05 pm

I just can’t believe that someone can be so cruel and so heartless to let this little baby boy suffer so early in his life. I have 2 shih tzu’s, one is 2 and the other is still a baby at 10 months and when they were any way sick or in pain for any reason, my heart just poured out to them. I can’t imagine watching either of them at such a young age deterioting like poor little Lawson was. To think that he lost his eye sight at such a young age too! I hope this “breeder” will be stopped and persecuted for such a horrific crime to another living thing.
    I’m glad to see little Lawson is doing well. He’s a beautful little boy. Thank you Lonestar Shih Tzu Rescue for doing what you do! I will continue to support and donate to these little guys in hopes that most of them if not all will have a great life like they are entitled to!

Sincerely,