10.11.06

Say hello to Georgia Peach

Posted in Uncategorized at 12:15 pm by Administrator

After her one and only owner died, she and her brother were “adopted” by a family member – unfortunately, Peaches did not get along with the children and she not only lost her owner, but she lost her brother. Very shy, nervous and skittish for several months but has recently started to come out of her shell. Other than her eyes needing to be cleansed daily and a bit overweight, she’s in good health. Would do best if she were the only dog in the house – she needs and deserves all the attention – if you adopt her, you’ll reap the rewards.

Quiet, calm, loving 11 year old seeking forever home.  Enjoys riding in the car, camping out by your side, short walks and long naps.  Favorite places to be petted/scratched are around my ears, under my chin and of course, the belly rub!  Totally housetrained.  Loves to sleep in bed and cuddle.  Have a passion for food – so much so that right now I’m on a healthy weight management diet, but that’s ok – food is good and it won’t be forever!  Even though I am a bit nervous around small children, I get along extremely well with my foster doggie brothers and sister and Ms. Kitty.

Little Georgia Peach only needs around $100 a month, for her vet visits and meds while she is in our program.  She is looking for five people to subscribe to donate only $20 a month for her.  If you are interested in being one of her sponsors while she remains in our program, you can subscribe via paypal HERE or if you would rather send a check, you can do it HERE.

At this time, Georgia Peach has 0 sponsors.

Please click on the “comment” link below to see new posts by Georgia Peaches’s foster mom and others.

7 Comments »

1. Regina Day said,

October 17, 2006 at 12:20 pm

Help! Can you imagine living with 4 foster brothers and 1 foster sister all under one roof? Not that I don’t get along well with them or love them dearly, but I’d really like to have a home where I’m the only fluff in the house. I’d love to be the constant, loyal companion to one very lucky person/family. Anyone out there?
    By the way, you’ll be seeing a new, updated pix of me as soon as my foster mom figures out how to download it.
    I can tell that PeachPie (her new nickname) is wondering if she’ll ever get to be the only fluff in a new home – she is a bit shy at first but she has so much love to give – she so enjoys “her” special time with us – I know she’d make someone very happy.

2. Regina Day said,

October 19, 2006 at 2:39 pm

Here are my new pics!!  Check me out!!

3. Regina Day (speaking for Peaches) said,

December 4, 2006 at 4:01 pm

It’s the holiday season – good cheer and twinkling lights – wouldn’t I be the perfect present for someone to see Christmas morning!
    If I close my eyes and wish real hard, maybe my Christmas wish to get adopted will come true – maybe you’re that special someone out there that needs me as much as I need you! I’ll keep my fingers oops, paws crossed!

4. Regina Day (speaking for Peaches) said,

December 11, 2006 at 11:32 am

This little peachpie is longing for that special someone to come into her life.
    She would be the most constant loyal loving companion – she just loves it when all the other dogs are elsewhere and she can be the only one around-don’t get me wrong, she’s not jealous or mean or anything when the other ones are around – she just tends to go off by herself even though we’ve tried our darnest to get her to “hang out” with everyone – it’s just not her style. When she’s with you, one on one, she’s just happy to be with you – she doesn’t need to be constantly petted, she’s happy just to lay in the room wherever you are and watch what you’re doing or lay by your chair. It’s very sad to see the change in her personality – it’s like night and day – she needs the sunshine part of her personality to be out more.

5. Regina Day said,

January 18, 2007 at 1:30 pm

Can you imagine a halo above my head? My foster mom says that I should have one since I was a perfect angel at the vet’s yesterday! Not a growl, or a grunt or a wiggle when they examined me and gave me my shots and took some blood for my heartworm test and checked my eyes. Very glad to say to any and all prospective adopters for me, that I’m in perfect health, except for the fact that I need to lose between 3 and 5 lbs. and that I have dry eye and have to have cyclosporine drops twice a day.
    I am on a diet also and once the weather clears up I’m looking forward to getting out for daily exercise, instead of just running in and out right now to potty – I’m not so sure I like the snow!

6. Regina Day said,

February 17, 2007 at 11:17 am

Still looking for that forever home. In the last month or so, I’ve had my annual check-up at the vet’s and happy to say, I’m in perfect shape – well, except for my little weight problem – but I’ll be slimming down as soon as ole man winter is gone and the warmer weather brings out the walker in me! I’ve also just had my teeth cleaned and I can light up a room with my smile! Sure would love to find me a human companion that doesn’t have alot of other dogs around – I need some peace and quiet and knowing that I’m your one and only! Well, maybe just one other brother or sister would be fine. If you think you’d like to share your home with me, please email my foster mom. Waiting to hear from you!

7. Regina Day said,

March 27, 2007 at 1:48 pm

Our little Peach has just returned from the groomer and now is sporting her summer cut! She looks adorable and I know feels a zillion percent better without all her “curls” – she even looks a lb. or so lighter – hopefully, that’s also due to her new, healthier diet and longer, more frequent walks.
    She’s such a sweetheart and would love to be someone’s constant, forever companion – just a note – she’d also love to be either the only dog in someone’s life or just share with one other sibling and please, no children!